Extra controls when opening the latest EDE

General help with the Ecere Cross Platform GUI toolkit: Window, common controls, events, etc.
Help with the 2D Graphics library: Surface, Display, Bitmap, Font and others.
samsam598

Extra controls when opening the latest EDE

Post by samsam598 »

Hi,
I notice there are a couple of extra control components added in the GUI designer component panel when I open the latest Ede project(explorer).Where does it come from and how can I make use of them in my own project?

BTW,I also noticed ToolBar has been introduced to the latest SDK and I can learn from the sample 'explorere'.But the sample is a bit complicated to me.Is there any simple example which can show a basic idea of how to create a ToolBar?

Thanks and best regards,
Sam
jerome
Site Admin

Re: Extra controls when opening the latest EDE

Post by jerome »

Sam,

EDE is a cutting edge project in its early stage (which Redj is working on lately), and the ToolBar has just been promoted to the 'extras'. The ToolBar might make it to the runtime library soon, I haven't tried to use it yet, we're hoping to add a toolbar to the IDE soon.

I suggest you look at how Redj is using it in EDE/src/ExplorerWindow.ec . It seems simple enough, but keep in mind this interface is subject to change.

Right now you use an 'enum' for the values of each button ID (e.g. ExplorerToolId), an IconBag to specify the bitmap files associated with those IDs, you define the ToolBar instance and override NotifyToolClick to handle each's button's click. The buttons are positioned in the toolbar like regular buttons, those s1, s2, s3 are 'spacers' to separate the buttons. The additional controls you see in the toolbox are some additional button styles defined for use in the ToolBar. They probably come from ToolBar.ec :D

Hope this helps!

Jerome