Ecere SDK/eC Forums • View topic - ecere on arm 64 bit linux (aarch64)

Ecere SDK/eC Forums

Ecere Developers Community

ecere on arm 64 bit linux (aarch64)

General help specific to the Linux platform.

ecere on arm 64 bit linux (aarch64)

Postby alepi » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 am

Hi all,

I am trying to build ecere sdk on linux arm 64 bit.

Stage 1 seems to go fine, however libecere.so seems to be empty ( or at least missing a lot of symbols ).
Stage 2 fails when building ear, with an error saying ecere.sym is missing.

Is there anyone who successfully managed to build ecere sdk for aarch64?

Thanks in advance :-)
alepi

Re: ecere on arm 64 bit linux (aarch64)

Postby jerome » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 pm

As discussed earlier, the Debian builder seems to manage to build the SDK fine on ARM 64 bit:

https://packages.debian.org/stretch/arm ... v/filelist

And that error regarding ecere.sym would mean that it is not finding libecere.so in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which should have been set by the Makefile (including default.cf)

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH = $(_CF_DIR)obj/$(HOST_PLATFORM)$(COMPILER_SUFFIX)$(DEBUG_SUFFIX)/lib/

So verify that this library is indeed there at that path and any dependency issues.
You also gave me more information earlier about missing X11 or other dependencies?
Those should also be working.

Also, which version of the SDK are you building? From GitHub repository? Which branch?

Thanks.

-Jerome
jerome
Site Admin

Postby alepi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:13 pm

I tried with both the GitHub version and latest tar balls I could find.

Is there any description of how the Debian build was actually created ( as in patches to the sources and/or makefiles )? The makefiles seem to imply an intel architecure and this was my first idea about why some things may not work.

The error about the missing symbols happens not because of LD_LIBRARY_PATH being not set correctly. It happens because on my machine libecere is built without any errors but it does not contain any symbol ( which again is a hint for looking deeper into the makefiles ).

As discussed, the source code I used seems to build fine on an ubuntu x86_64 machine.

I am not using glibc as a C library and GNU ld as a linker. This may be part of the cause of the issues I have. Does ecere depend on any non standard behaviour of glibc? Or does it rely on any specific GNU linker behaviours?
alepi

Postby alepi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:33 pm

I managed to fix this issue thanks :-)
alepi

Return to Linux