Hello from México! jonaspm

Introduce yourself to the community and warmly welcome new users here.
jonaspm

Hello from México! jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

I want to say hello to the community and introduce myself :D

I live in México, i am a student in high school, just one year to go to the University! i'm excited! :D

Since i was a child, i got interested in computers, not in a profesional way like other's stories, but i liked to play videogames, surf the net, and do what almost every child do with a PC...

I then started to learn by myself how to navigate through Windows XP, and how to install programs, the basic things.

As i grew older, i started to learn more advanced things, and got really interested in stuff like HTML, uninstall/install programs, open source alternatives to private software, repair PCs, install drivers and format computer, and install other Windows versions (Vista, 7)

I started writting some webpages in Notepad, and then got my biggest Project in HTML: Birrex.com but today is almost dead, because in 2012 i switched my interest from websites and HTML to programming :D

And everything started because in school, our teacher gave us a small introduction to programming concepts and BASIC, so i wanted to learn more and started programming in Dark Basic Professional, which is BASIC for creating games with DirectX and really liked it :D but since it was only limited for Windows, i then started searching for a multiplatform alternative and found GLBasic, i started some basic tests with it and today i have one game written with GLBasic which i still maintain and i have been satisfied with it, but now i want a more open and powerful language and SDK to work with, i cannot get stalled with BASIC so i searched a lot and found ZGameEditor, later Ecere SDK, which both i like (i would like to program GUI Apps with Ecere rather than Games, but everything is possible :D!)

So i still use GLBasic, i have made some tests on ZGE and Ecere, but i want to move on to these two :)

Thank you for taking the time to read this and i'm on :D
Last edited by jonaspm on Thu May 09, 2013 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
redj

Re: Hello from México! jonaspm

Post by redj »

Welcome jonaspm!

Bienvenidos!

I'm very curious to know what tests you have done or will do with Ecere SDK and I hope you enjoy your experience with it.

Feel free to join us on IRC (#ecere on irc.freenode.net) (there's a link on the website if you need a web-based client) to say hi or to ask questions. Asking questions on the forums is highly encouraged of course.

And again, Welcome!

-redj
jonaspm

Re: Hello from México! jonaspm

Post by jonaspm »

redj wrote:Welcome jonaspm!

Bienvenidos!
-redj
HAHA :D thank you for your welcome! :)

I have only made the first console program that the "The Ecere Tao of Programming" explains :)

I will keep Reading and learning from that SO USEFUL PDF book :'D