are you ready to compile for Html5??

Forum for talking about anything else Ecere/eC related.
fasasoftware

are you ready to compile for Html5??

Post by fasasoftware »

Hi jerome,
Are you ready to compile for html5?? is it possible now? with a click of a button??I need as soon as possible you can...i hope i will not make you mad!ahahha

I thank you very much in advance and i look for your reply.

best regards,

lestroso :oops:
jerome
Site Admin

Re: are you ready to compile for Html5??

Post by jerome »

Hi Lestroso,

It is a goal to have Emscripten support working out of the box in the master branch for the release we hope to have ready by the end of May. It may still require more than the click of a button to ensure your app works with it, but we'll try to make things as easy as possible with clear instructions / tutorials!

In the meantime you can try out the shaders branch:

https://github.com/ecere/ecere-sdk/tree/shaders

This should compile and work with Emscripten/
You will need to use the Emscripten configuration of the ecere.epj project file, and you can try out for example samples/games/chess which has an Emscripten configuration as well.

You will need to set up the Emscripten compiler as well.

I attach a sample configuration you can use for setting up the Emscripten compiler in the IDE.
You can either enter the information in the IDE's Global Settings dialog, or you can add the section to your Windows user's directory's ecereIDE.ini or on Linux ~/.ecereIDErc .

Regards,

-Jerome
Attachments
ecereIDE-EmscriptenConfig.txt
(2.43 KiB) Downloaded 1209 times
fasasoftware

Post by fasasoftware »

I thank you so much jerome...but i will wait when you are ready to deploy for html5....because in truth i don't have understood very well how to do it...

In any way i thank you again...

bye

Lestroso
Blackton

Post by Blackton »

I will probably wait until the end of the month as well, but this is almost as exciting to me as learning to use eC in the first place! This was the last nail in the coffin for any doubts I may have had about how awesome eC is!